October 20, 2010

art.

Somehow more than a month has escaped without an update. I can't say I didn't see this one coming. In sum..

September 15th we celebrated the Independence of Honduras with a parade of all the school children representing different parts of Honduras. The day was filled with people walking around the streets, enjoying families and spending time outside. The night brought cook-outs and fireworks. I've decided that any country's Independence day is a friend of mine.
my favorite kids of the parade: diplomats from Tegus!

I went with the director of the environmental unit for the municipality to do a feasibility study of a watershed that is 500 meters and 6 kilometers up a mountain. As we mounted horses to ride up the mountain, two campasinos walked beside us. The entire way up to the water source I could not stop thinking how much of an absurd, rich gringa I felt. We got to the top and had a snack and talked about the system and then started our way down the mountain. Walking down some intensly steep slopes I decided that I was really happy I didn't waste my energy hiking up.
the easy ride up



And I started an art wall in my house of paintings by every visitor. I may not have furniture, but I have art!

No comments:

Post a Comment