I have finally arrived and settled in Honduras in a small town outside of Tegucipalpa, Las Canadas. My Spanish, although requires much work, has improved tremendously in my time here. I am living with a host family who is nothing short of amazing. Their house is very modern for this area, in fact they have four TVs; lesson #1: Hondurans love TV. My family also has 1 dog, 1 parrot, 4 chickens, 1 rooster and 10 12-day-old chicks. Oh how I love chickens.
In total, there are 54 trainees (PCTs) who have quickly become friends. It's amazing how close you can come to people you have known a week when taken away from all habits to which you are accustomed. We spend 10 hours a day together learning language, safety, rules of the PC and getting to know one another. Of the other trainees, there are 3 married couples, 2 semi-retirees and the rest somewhere in their 20s.
What else? I'm finding it quite hard to update what has happened in the past week. I have not taken any pictures (I need my Sees) but plan on it tomorrow. Of course pictures of chickens will be aplenty.
To give you a picture of my days, remember your first weeks of summer camp. I ride to our training site on a yellow school bus with a majority of the trainees. With us, we have our lunches packed by our mother and all have backpacks. When we arrive, our entire day is planned out. For lunch, we all open our boxes and share with everyone else. Last week we received vaccinations and a lollipop afterwards. Cheque*.
My love to all of you.
*Chequeleque/Cheque = Cool
Autobusni in Croatia - A Guide to Getting Around
12 years ago
wish I was there to document for you! :)
ReplyDeletelove you and can't wait to hear more
Very exciting! Pollos!
ReplyDeleteEl gallo pinto no pinta
El que pinta es el pintor
(es un cancion) :-)
We miss you. Can't wait to see the chickens. We just got an offer on our house (which we'll probably accept), so we are looking at getting our two chickens back soon and also getting some more.
Love,
The DuKennas
I'm so excited for you! I'm glad to hear the transition is going well, and looking forward to more details. :)
ReplyDelete